Tax Forms and Filing Information
The library has a very limited quantity of the basic Federal forms available for distribution, and basic Illinois state forms will be arriving soon. Federal forms can be found at http://www.irs.gov, and Illinois state forms are at http://www.revenue.state.il.us/TaxForms/. You can find an online listing of free tax volunteers for seniors and low income individuals. Or, you can stop in and library staff can show you how to get tax help, and also print forms for you at 10¢ a page. We're here to help!
American Library Association Youth Media Awards
The Youth Media Awards are announced at the American Library Association's Midwinter Conference during the first week of February each year. See the 2015 list on our Great Reads page.
- Mon Mar 02 North Aurora Garden Club event details | register
- Mon Mar 02 Messenger Book Discussion Group event details | register
- Mon Mar 02 Sierra Club Valley of the Fox Group Meeting event details | register
- Tue Mar 03 eMediaLibrary Consortium Collection Development Meeting event details | register
- Tue Mar 03 eMediaLibrary Consortium Meeting event details | register
- Tue Mar 03 Northtowne Homeowner's Association event details | register
- Tue Mar 03 N2 Publishing Meeting event details | register
- Tue Mar 03 Windstone Place Homeowners Meeting event details | register
- Wed Mar 04 Fairway View Homeowners Association Meeting event details | register
- Wed Mar 04 Highlands Citizens Association Meeting event details | register
View all upcoming events
Attention Messenger Teens: Teen Tech Week is March 8-14! The 2015 theme is Libraries are for Making…, and Messenger Library has two ways for you to participate.
- The Maker Movement has been sweeping libraries across the nation, encouraging hands-on learning that often infuses science with creativity. Drop by the Teen section of Messenger Library to pick up a Mini-Makerspace project and join in the fun of Teen Tech Week! Teens are welcome to work on the projects at the Library and/or take the kit home with them.
- Want to explore what the Library can do for you online? Take part in our Digital Scavenger Hunt, which you can get started on by checking our Tumblr. All scavenger hunt participants will receive a $2 off fines coupon, and following the directions correctly will get you entered in a drawing for a gift card!The Digital Scavenger hunt is open from March 1 – 15, and can be completed at home on a device or at the Library on one our computers. If you want to learn what the Library can do for you while staying home, this will open your eyes to the world of databases and social media that we strive to maintain.
Messenger Teens are anyone in grades 6-12 that use our Library. If you have any questions, give us a call, drop by the desk in Youth Services, or send an email via the Contact Us form on the website. We hope you join in the fun of Teen Tech Week 2015!