Secrets of the Library:
The Messenger Public Library was founded by Emeline Messenger in 1937, and continues to make a difference in the quality of life in North Aurora through a wide variety of services, programs and resources. Will you help us make a difference with a year-end gift this year? Click here for more information.
We Want to Hear from You!
Would you like to win a $25 Speedway gift card? Please take 5 minutes to complete our survey (click here). You may also fill out a paper survey at the library, or just tell us what you think! You can email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message at (630) 896-0240 Ext. 3.
- Sun Jan 15 The Thin Man - Classic Cinema Sundays event details | register
- Tue Jan 17 Fox Valley Writer's Group event details | register
- Wed Jan 18 Preschool Pals event details | register
- Thu Jan 19 Stories & STEAM event details | register
- Thu Jan 19 TAB Meeting event details | register
- Sat Jan 21 Maximize Your Social Security event details | register
- Mon Jan 23 All About Scholarships event details | register
- Tue Jan 24 Morning Coffee Break & a Book event details | register
- Tue Jan 24 Preschool Pals event details | register
- Tue Jan 24 Homework Help event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library Board approved a contract and bid this fall with the L.J. Morse Construction Co. of Aurora Illinois to begin work on the West Wing Renovation Project. Kluber Architects and Engineers are under contract with the Library Board to oversee the construction work. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2016. Phase 2 of the project will start the first week of January and continue through the end of May 2017. Phase 2 will involve the creation of a new staff off desk work area and space, a new consolidated customer service point for staff and patron interaction, a renovated technology access space for library patrons, and a combined coffee bar and library browsing lounge area. During this construction phase staff will be assisting patrons at the new information desk and will be assisting patrons with the new self-check-out units at a new service counter. For more detailed information and updates as the project progresses, please click on the “Renovation” tab on our website.